PDA

View Full Version : The Best Club Eva

djvinny
15th May 2003, 09:13 AM
some come on then people, which club in your opinion is the best and why?

Miss Cola
15th May 2003, 10:43 AM
Mine has to be Storm in leicester what a brilliant club, Hard House mind, which peeps on here probably dont like but its a proper top night, peeps a friendly atmosphere bang on!! :thumbsup: :D

djvinny
15th May 2003, 10:51 AM
is it all hardhouse, i like some n play some at monroes coz thats wot they like.

Miss Cola
15th May 2003, 10:59 AM
Yeah, with dj's like lisa lashes, tidy boys ect
I think its a banging night, would definatley go again!! :thumbsup:
Passion has there night at the same club!!

butty
16th May 2003, 05:46 PM
in my opinion maximes takes the cake. coz its what got me into old skool. its loud as fcuk the atmosphere is super dooper. i missed all the life @ bowlers years which is a bit guttin but its a case of better late than never eh

nowthen
18th May 2003, 07:58 PM
That's a bit like best tune ever...a bit of a hard one but here's a few off the top of me head....

Shellys-Stoke (90/91) - Sasha at his best.
Hacketts - Blackpool (91) - Nipper.
Hacienda- Manc (89/90) - Before it got all possey.
Manhatten Heights-Blackburn (91/92)
Thunderdome-Manc (90) -If just for the convoy to Blackburn after the club!
Konspirecy-Manc (90/91) - Shady as yer like but what a venue, caves the lot!!

Theres loads more but their my top clubs, then of course theres all the warehouse do's.

Crystal
19th May 2003, 07:59 AM
Similar to you nowthen with these....

Thunderdome - Manchester
Pleasuredrome - Farnworth
Sequins - Blackpool
Shelleys - Stoke
Hacienda - Manchester
Konspiracy - Manchester
Hacketts - Blackpool

Cookie xxx

northern minx
19th May 2003, 09:38 AM
ummmmmmmmm difficult one this!!
but all times favs hav to be

Hacketts - blackpool

loveshack - blackpool
pleasuredrome - farnworth
angels - burnley
legends - warrington

revenge all niters!
and lets not forget the raves in the caves (south lakes!)
and warehouse do's!

pianoman
19th May 2003, 09:41 AM
My fave Club is the Mint Flavour one!!!

Spesh in Packs Of 8!

northern minx
19th May 2003, 11:30 AM
Originally posted by pianoman
My fave Club is the Mint Flavour one!!!

Spesh in Packs Of 8!

PMSL!!!!!!!!!!! at this one!!!!!!!!!!! i like those an all but these r me fav mint biscuits

:luv:
http://homepage.ntlworld.com/s.payne8/biscuits/media/mviscount1.jpg

DJFANTAZIA
19th May 2003, 03:42 PM
Im gonna agree with butty there, cos on the whole the music and atmos are always cool.

Sure ive had my bad nights there, and lost a couple of coats in the cloackroom :'( , but on average its still BY FAR the best OS night in the north. ;)

Tunes make a nightclub good :drum: , rather than the other way round.

Then again ive only been clubbing 4 years, so what do i know?

Dave

:axe: :axe: :axe: :axe: :axe:

nowthen
20th May 2003, 05:56 AM
Just remembered another good 'un.

OZ - Blackpool
I bet theres not one decent club in Blackpool anymore.
For a while there was nearly as many Peeps in Blackpool at weekend nutted off little fellas than Jocks pissed on Mckewens!!(nearly);)

franky
20th May 2003, 11:39 AM
its a toss up between Shelleys & Bowlers early summer 1992.
or maybe even Gallery in leeds on friday nights in 1992 or even Orbit 1992. shit, there were sooo many brill clubs to go to!!!!:phones: :phones: :phones:

johns_ar
20th May 2003, 12:15 PM
id go for sugarshack in middlesbrough, not for oldskool tunage its just a fucking good club......probs the consistently best line ups in the country for a good few years

and tall trees was good as well.......Foundation/Shindig in newcaslte is worth a mention and all

Miss C
5th June 2003, 03:43 PM
Bowlers by a mile!!!!Closely followed by Maximes, n then maybe orbit.Bowlers was just breathtaking in every way, the venue, the people n the music were all tops:thumbsup: :|

Konspiracy
5th June 2003, 05:01 PM
Originally posted by nowthen

Shellys-Stoke (90/91)
Hacienda- Manc (89/90)
Konspirecy-Manc (90/91)

I'll second those. The Hac in 89 was unbelievable, but then again I was an impressionable 16 year old

Theres a place just outside of Brum, the Engine House, which is one of the best venues Ive been to, very nice in the summer, god knows if its still open

sped
9th June 2003, 03:59 PM
eh, i remember the days when orbit was in Ossett. I was only 18 back then but ya saw bloody coach loads of people trying to get in. Them were the days went to a few barn raves aswell, not too good when they was in the middle of november:crazy: Casanovers in wakefield top club..

old skooler
9th June 2003, 04:35 PM
[email protected] any era b4 that darnn booze came along,the place was second to non for me.
ya right n all nowthen m8,blackpool is on its arse,a few nights here n there worth checkin,national anthem when it returns,kinetic,but the days of oz n sequins,jenks etc are gone

DeeDee
9th June 2003, 04:46 PM
Shelleys
wigan pier (early 90's)
Maximes
Legends
Monroes

DeeDee
9th June 2003, 04:50 PM
Originally posted by Miss C
Bowlers by a mile!!!!Closely followed by Maximes, n then maybe orbit.Bowlers was just breathtaking in every way, the venue, the people n the music were all tops:thumbsup: :|
have you entered your birthday wrong in your profile cause according to that you are only 17 or do you look really old for your age LOL

R J
9th June 2003, 05:08 PM
No one particular fave stands out but here's a few sugestions ..

The Limit - Manchester
The No 1 - Manchester
Rockworld - Manchester
The Banshee - Manchester
The Gallery - Stoke
Longton Lesiure Bowl - Stoke
Maximes - Wigan
Sequins - Blackpool
Angels - Burnley
The Eclipse - Coventry
Legends - Warrington
Bowlers - Manchester
Park Hall - Chorley

I'll edit in the rest as they pop up !!

DeeDee
9th June 2003, 05:17 PM
ooooo the banshee, how cool was that club?
i walked straight into a wall the first time eva in there, thats what a club should lookk like, all painted black with just smoke machines and strobes

sped
9th June 2003, 06:11 PM
Can anyone tell me is there any laws sayin ya cant have strobes and smoke machines cos they dont have any of em in the clubs now a days:(

Miss C
9th June 2003, 06:21 PM
No my b'day is correct deedee, i was 15 when i usd2 go2 bowlers, n started goin2 maximes at 14, look old 4 my age n iv had an older boyf since i was 14 who took me 2 all these jolly places u see. Don't assume im inexperienced coz im young luv.;)

Miss C
9th June 2003, 06:43 PM
Infact i often meet ppl like u who say things like 'bloody hell, ive got a daughter older than you', but most ppl buzz off c'in either really young ppl or really old peeps out clubbin, i usd2 luv meetin 50 yr olds fekked off their faces at bowlers n c.mill etc, its good 2 know clubbing is 4 every1 n its about the music not your age.Is that ok deedee or are u gonna inform every bouncer in town that im slightly under age...lol (like they give a toss) :bigfekked

sped
9th June 2003, 07:06 PM
Think Dee Dee her self will tell ya that she probs did the say as well in her younger days.
Dont think its a problem for young lasses to go out and get into clubs, its all the young lads that have about 3 pints and a few jack and jills that start trouble which gets my goat up

DeeDee
9th June 2003, 07:36 PM
Believe me there aint owt wrong in going out when your young as sped said ive been going out since i was young, the thing is that ive got a 15 nearly 16 year old lad, and i cant imagine him even thinking of going out and getting wasted and getting past the bouncers in the first place.i just thought that you had made a typing error, i wasnt trying to imply anything else.
and yes clubbing is for eveyone im glad to see young ones like yourself keeping the old skool alive cause that way when we wrinklies are too old to dance there will still be jobs for butty and rj! The inexperience thing didnt even cross my mind, most people just dont expect a 17 year old to have been going out for years (cause when i answer posts like this, the clubs i think of are clubs from the early 90's)thats all, and if that makes me odd then im odd.
:axe: :axe: :axe: :axe: :axe: :axe: :axe: :axe: :axe: :axe:

Miss C
9th June 2003, 08:16 PM
Haha ur not odd, ur jst having the same reaction as most.Sound jst like this woman i met at the c.mill once who had a daughter the same age as me, it made her really worried coz i was drugged up 2 my eyeballs n she thort her daughter mite b doin the same.Then again she always looked 10 times more fekked than me so she didnt really have room 2 talk.Wudnt worry about ur son tho, bouncers always seem 2 b much stricter with lads x

DeeDee
9th June 2003, 08:31 PM
Im not worried about my son yet, he's still into cars and listening to thumping happy hardcore that gives me a headache, (god i sound like me mum)! I wonder what i would do though if i did bump into him in a club.........scary thought, i bet he'd be dead embarrased by my dancing hehe and would never come out again!!:$

butty
10th June 2003, 03:44 AM
Originally posted by DeeDee
Im not worried about my son yet, he's still into cars and listening to thumping happy hardcore that gives me a headache, (god i sound like me mum)! I wonder what i would do though if i did bump into him in a club.........scary thought, i bet he'd be dead embarrased by my dancing hehe and would never come out again!!:$

well i feel like ur son would

i get embarrassed by ur robotics dee il be honest with ya

lol :D

DJ Bin-Bag
10th June 2003, 08:02 AM
ANGELS - Curzon St Burnley! when they had the green lazer and that f*ck off wall of speakers in front of the bogs!! n Paul taylor droppin tune after tune on that big fat sound system:'( :'(

DeeDee
10th June 2003, 12:33 PM
Originally posted by butty
well i feel like ur son would

i get embarrassed by ur robotics dee il be honest with ya

lol :D
what you mean that wasnt a look of pure amazement and envy that i saw on your face then?:'(

Miss Cola
10th June 2003, 12:54 PM
Another great night was at Arena in burnley, had a absolute top night when i went there!! :thumbsup:

old skooler
10th June 2003, 07:51 PM
it was just as good playing there miss cola,i had many a crackin night there

Miss Cola
11th June 2003, 08:36 AM
Originally posted by old skooler
it was just as good playing there miss cola,i had many a crackin night there

It didnt get that packed on a normal night did it, but me and mi sis couldnt stop dancing all night, best night had to be arenas birthday forgot which one it was?? When upstairs and downstair was pumpin tunes out!! Quality nights!! :D :thumbsup:

g_wilson
11th June 2003, 11:52 AM
i like the after dark, morley.
when it's busy the atmosphere is amazing!
:|

nowthen
12th June 2003, 07:24 AM
Originally posted by R J
No one particular fave stands out but here's a few sugestions ..

Rockworld - Manchester
The Banshee - Manchester
Park Hall - Chorley

I'll edit in the rest as they pop up !!

Aye I forgot about them, especially Park Hall on a Thursday night.

Oh an
Millionaires- Manc.

old skooler
12th June 2003, 10:33 PM
good thing about the arena was it actualy had a lift to the top floor,so no draggin heavy boxes up those stairs:cool:

G HYPNOTIC
20th June 2003, 01:00 AM
Here's the list of nights that I've promoted and enjoyed.
Maximes
Empire
Park Hall
Hippo's
Peppermint Place
Hacienda
Loveshack
CoCo Savannas
Rockworld
Home
Passion in Evesham
Fallows 1&2
The State
Mr Smiths
Hard Dock
Eclipse
The Limit
Legends
Shellys
Longton Leisure Bowl(Kinetic)
Buzz
The Mill
Libertys
The Gallery
The Academy
Millionaires(Wiggly Worm).

No wonder I feel old.

:phones:

woody
20th June 2003, 11:22 AM
Originally posted by G HYPNOTIC
Here's the list of nights that I've promoted and enjoyed.
Maximes
Empire
Park Hall
Hippo's
Peppermint Place
Hacienda
Loveshack
CoCo Savannas
Rockworld
Home
Passion in Evesham
Fallows 1&2
The State
Mr Smiths
Hard Dock
Eclipse
The Limit
Legends
Shellys
Longton Leisure Bowl(Kinetic)
Buzz
The Mill
Libertys
The Gallery
The Academy
Millionaires(Wiggly Worm).

No wonder I feel old.

:phones:

Well i didnt want to mention it gaz......:p

Quey
23rd June 2003, 03:38 PM
Originally posted by sped
Can anyone tell me is there any laws sayin ya cant have strobes and smoke machines cos they dont have any of em in the clubs now a days:(

Nah theres no law I know of, and if its smoke machines and lights your after, I've just spent a packet on em for the next timeless! :mad:

Roll on the 27th!!! :phones: :phones: :phones:

JESUS
9th September 2003, 12:41 PM
EMPIRE ROCKED !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

15 i was when i first went in there hahahahahahaha Quality night , MATT BELL was on im sure he was Properrrr BOOOOO

Gutted only one person Mentioned Pleasure Dome ,,, i was 2 young go but watched hit man and her at pleasuredome and it just looked Amazing and it was only a bit more than a walk away as well

nowthen
9th September 2003, 02:28 PM
Just remembered another too....

Bugsy's in Ashton U Lyne.

seen Sasha there before anyone knew who he was.

northern minx
9th September 2003, 02:38 PM
Originally posted by JESUS
Gutted only one person Mentioned Pleasure Dome ,,, i was 2 young go but watched hit man and her at pleasuredome and it just looked Amazing

i was there!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :luv: :heart: :luv:

but it wasnt amazing wen the next day at me mums house she put it on the video, and there i was dancing on the shelf in proper close up style (with black bikin top and hot pants) looking reeet off me kipper!!!
and the family going "look at the state of you" :axe:

Saysay
9th November 2003, 02:12 PM
Originally posted by Miss Cola
It didnt get that packed on a normal night did it, but me and mi sis couldnt stop dancing all night, best night had to be arenas birthday forgot which one it was?? When upstairs and downstair was pumpin tunes out!! Quality nights!! :D :thumbsup:

Top top night that was Nics!! It was The 8th Birthday! Wow, i really didnt stop dancing that night, even danced meself out of the club after closing time and was still dancing in the ickle car park! LOL! I was a bit fekked that night!! :fekked: :p :crazy:

I also loved Maximes, the tunes rocked!! And in my techno loving years i loved goin to Bowlers and The Void in Hanley when NORTH were there!! :phones: I love the outdoor festivals, my fav was Godskitchen, Global Gathering, i danced literally ALL night in the Tidy Trax tent!! Amazing what water does to ya these dayz!! :p :p :p :p ;) ;) ;) ;)

GRIMMY
9th November 2003, 03:17 PM
Well, I managed to catch the last few events at Bowlers before it floated away into our memories and it was by far the best club I've been to up till now.
Another is Butlins in Prestatyn (no, I'm not taking the piss). Tidy Trax had their first weekender there and it was fekkin awesome as far as atmosphere and visuals (honeys wearing PVC clubbing gear:p ;) ) and lighting goes.

Saysay
9th November 2003, 03:27 PM
Originally posted by GRIMMY
Another is Butlins in Prestatyn (no, I'm not taking the piss). Tidy Trax had their first weekender there and it was fekkin awesome as far as atmosphere and visuals (honeys wearing PVC clubbing gear:p ;) ) and lighting goes.

LOL! Did ya stay all weekend in one of the chalets? Wouldnt of minded goin to that myself!! Must admit, i love dancing to Hard house! http://www.click-smilie.de/sammlung0903/party/party-smiley-048.gif

One of my best nights out was New Years eve 2001 in skeggy, they had a Sundissential arena and it was banging! Ahem, danced all night there aswell! :$

Miss Cola
9th November 2003, 09:18 PM
Originally posted by Miss saysay
Ahem, danced all night there aswell! :$

Lol did ya not dance all night at gods kitchen globle gathering too!! :p Lol you was defo crowned queen dancer that night!! :D You go trace, you was making me feel tierd just looking at ya!! lololololol!! ;) ;) :fekked: :hole: :spin:

Saysay
9th November 2003, 10:36 PM
Originally posted by Miss Cola
Lol did ya not dance all night at gods kitchen globle gathering too!! :p Lol you was defo crowned queen dancer that night!! :D You go trace, you was making me feel tierd just looking at ya!! lololololol!! ;) ;) :fekked: :hole: :spin:

LOL!! Aye, ive put that in my previous post!! U were sat down most of the night chillin on the grass and i was dancing me arse off even at half 6 in the morn!! Lol, great night that!! :D

DJ-K
12th November 2003, 03:48 PM
Best clubs for me are;-

Legends 91/92-Warrington
New Dawn [email protected] Jillys rockworld,Manchester(For the odd harcore binge)
Rennaisance-Mansfield 92 (It was just a big dark room with a bank of strobes on the stage,mad as apples)
Club 4 - Widnes-Tacky and shady but made for some wicked nights.

Probably the best night I ever had was at Lucarave-Warrington on a Monday night, Dream frequency played live. and the combination of a wicked atmosphere, music, happy people and you know what was just unbeatable.

On another note the best Gigs I ever did were;-

Gatecrasher-Sheffield
Eden-Lincoln
Exit 2002-Serbia
Sundissential-Birmingham
Progress-Derby
Steem at Bed-Sheffield

easty
23rd November 2003, 08:48 AM
I can't believe no one has mentioned step back. It's has been by far Manchesters best old skool night. When it was at the music box it was quality. It was not too bad at the academy, 2000 peolpe rocking to quality tunes and quality dj's

Quey
23rd November 2003, 09:05 PM
Bowlers broke my virginty so to speak! Bring it back any time!!!

Quey
23rd November 2003, 09:27 PM
Remember the bouncy castle? :axe:

And that earth moving thing that no one else noticed when the dancefloor moved and we had to climb uphill so we didnt fall off it!!! :fekked: :fekked: :fekked: :fekked:

;)

Morpheus640
23rd November 2003, 09:58 PM
ive said it b4 and il lkeep saying it till i die an old man .....

THE Loveshack - Blackpool

cant be touched for mke by the experiences i had there :heart: :heart:

the gallery ,madisons,bowlers, monroes all had there moments but that was the timje of my life in that lil ole club

Morpheus640
23rd November 2003, 09:59 PM
went to bcm's in magaluf aswell.......

any1 else here on the site went there ?

Steve Goody
19th December 2003, 10:52 AM
:axe: ORANGE AT THE ROCKET 91-92 & LABYRINTH 93-97